Sunday, December 11, 1831

 1831 December

Sunday 11

8 1/2

1 5/..

F 54° at 9 1/2, at which hour breakfast and rainy morning – came upstairs at 10 – read the whole of the newspaper –

Went down to Miss Hobart at 12 20/.. for nearly 10 minutes. Mentioned that we ought to have read prayer. Oh, no.  She did not need give me that trouble, as she should go to church in the afternoon. She was reading a sermon and, not wishing to interrupt her, I came away. We are very good friends, and I am now pretty comfortably careless. It was a fortnight  last night since my last, and I hope, final change towards her began –

Wrote the above of today, and from 12 3/4 to 2 1/2 at my private accounts – Then meaning to go to church, went downstairs for a little while and altogether interrupted 1/2 hour – Feeling a little uncomfortableness in my bowels, and seeing it raining, determined instead to stay at home –

From 3 to 5 at my private accounts again and looking over my letters to Miss MacLean – returned on her death – not one letter of 1829! She had, of course, destroyed the letters of that year! 

Miss H-  came to me for a minute or two on returning from church (She did not go in the morning) – Ate 1/2 a bun and drank a little water and then walked about my room 1/4 hour – I feel feverish today – Read the lessons and psalm for morning and evening and the collect epistle and gospel and some of the prayers, and went down to Miss H- at 6 for 35 minutes –

Dressed – dinner at 7 5/.. in 40 minutes – A very little music – Coffee at 8 1/2 – Afterwards a German lesson. Miss H- reading a little aloud to me to give me the pronunciation –

Came upstairs at 11 35/.. – near 20 minutes in Miss H-’s room –

Windy, showery day – F 59° in my room (no fire today or tonight) at 12 tonight – Windy, rainy evening and now at 12 at night – At German till 12 3/4 – F 54° in the balcony at 1 5/.. tonight –


WYAS Finding Number  SH:7/ML/E/14/0162

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thursday, March 16, 1837

Thursday, September 17, 1835

Saturday, September 26, 1835