Thursday, December 22, 1831

 

1831 December

Thursday 22

oo

oo

Up for 1/2 hour at 7 1/2, went to bed again and not up the whole day – Breakfast in bed between 10 and 11 – Took about 1/3 of a bun and 2 small basins of tea – Miss Hobart came to me, and 3 or 5 times afterwards during the Day – and some orangeade she made me in the afternoon was cooling and refreshing –

Letter from Lady Stuart de Rothesay, Wimpole, which could not very well see to read – Letter enclosed for Miss H-

Dinner in bed at 7 – a little mashed potato and Sago pudding, of each of which, took a little and slept afterwards, as I had done before great part of the Day –

Fine day –  but rain began I should think about 5, and afterwards, good deal of rain in the evening and night – very high wind, Miss H- said all the day –

Mr. Stuart arrived at 11, and staid the whole day

At one, incurred a cross thinking of Mrs. Barlow by way of thinking of someone.  Somehow, my mind is off Mariana and does not return.  Be Miss H’s manners what they may, I have given up all serious of Miss H- at any rate.  Better Lady Gordon, but something or other will turn out – In fact, on being sleepy and getting into bed again this morning, thought to myself, well, what a glorious opportunity of missing Mr. Stuart, and so I lay in bed all the day. But my bowels are bad.  That is all wrong again as ever, and I have worried myself about Miss H till I have not been quite right and sitting up the two last nights did me no good --


WYAS Finding Number  SH:7/ML/E/14/0167

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thursday, March 16, 1837

Thursday, September 17, 1835

Saturday, September 26, 1835