1833

November

Wednesday 6

8 3/4

12

Rainy morning, Fahrenheit 52 1/2° at 10 1/4 – Breakfast at 10 20/..

To 11 5/.., reading German all the while – Fair by this time (11 5/..) and the sun endeavoring to get out –

Went out walking at 11 20/.. my usual walk to the 1st barrier on the Roskilde road – Very windy and in the face going –

Back at 2 5/.. – Dressed – My foot a little blistered again – How is it – They perpetually blister now when I walk as far as 4 or 5 miles – whatever shoes and stockings I have on –

At my desk at 2 50/.. and feeling very sleepy – I find both my servants are fatter since being here, and none of us, I suspect, the more on the alert for it –

M. de Hagemann called for 1/2 hour at 4 1/4 to tell me he had called on Miss Dÿring (During) at 12 (She had called at his house last night but was not admitted) and Miss Gall’s apartment was to be 50 species a month – Some difficulty about having the use of the crockery, but Miss Dÿring took upon herself to promise this, and to put up curtains and put down a carpet on the salon – The proprietor of the house had thought she would take 25 species a month –

Miss Dÿring agreed the price was very dear, but she herself had nothing to do with it, and of course nobody can say anything – Said I would think about it – M. de H-  said nobody could advise – I must judge for myself – Said I could do that – I had only now to see how I could manage about living from a restauration –

Would go this evening and ask Mrs. Hage – this he seemed to think a good plan – might have the restaurateur at her house to speak to – at last he said Fucigny in the Oestergade and Petto in the great square were the 2 best and would [be] equidistant from me –

Dinner at 5 – Before and after at German with several naps over it – Trying 1st time to turn back my English translation into German and managed better than I expected, above 2 pages – on 2nd thoughts, staid at home this evening – Will think about Mrs. Hage in the morning and ask Christiani?

Rainy till 11 a.m., fair while I was out – Rain about 2 1/2 – Afterwards showery and rainy, windy, stormy evening –

Had Eugénie at 10 – then at German till 11 35/.. --

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thursday, March 16, 1837

Thursday, September 17, 1835

Saturday, September 26, 1835