Tuesday, October 29, 1833

 

1833

October

Tuesday 29

7 55/..

12 40/..

Very fine sunny morning, F 56 1/2° at 8 a.m..  Pity I could not go out – but expect M. Christiani to re-begin German –

Breakfast at 9 40/.. in 1/2 hour – From 10 3/4 to 12 1/4 Monsieur Christiani 14th Lesson.  Began today per month, so that on the 29th of next month will be due 12 dollars – This morning the 1st lesson I had had since Sunday the 13th instante mense –

Wrote out a little translation till about 12 3/4 when Compte and Comtesse Blucher and Miss Ferrall called (the latter to see my white satin dress – and all saw it) and staid till near 2 –

Out at 2 5/.. to Lady Harriet.  At 2 25/.. to her, out with me to Charlottenlund in an hour – 20 minutes walk in the wood there – Set her down at home, and home myself at 4 3/4 –

To send the carriage for Lady Harriet tomorrow at 12 50/.. To bring her here to see my dress, and then to take her with me to call on Mrs. Browne –

Dinner at 5 1/4 – And that and writing copy of note to Miss Tate and part to Lady Stuart that I now think not to send took me till seven.

Then a little while at accounts and napping till 7 3/4 – Dressed –

Out at 8 1/4 – Countess B- not at home.  Then to the de Hagemanns’ – Compte and Comtesse Molke? [Moltke], she sister to Falbe, gone out as Danish consul to Athens – Presented to her –

Wrote in pencil (small and close) one of the ends of Lady Harriet letter to old Lady Stuart, saying I would write after the ball tomorrow –Had sent a barrel of anchovies to Miss Tate, she the only one I could think of, everybody else so well provided, and would enclose little note to Miss Tate in my next letter to Lady S- – Hoped she would write to me soon –Mr. and Mrs. Browne had called.  So civil and more than that should now have no difficulty about my letters –

Home at 10 25/..

Very fine day, F 61° now at 12 tonight

Mrs. and the Miss de Scholten left their card tonight

 

WYAS Finding Number SH:7/ML/E/16/0128

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thursday, March 16, 1837

Thursday, September 17, 1835

Saturday, September 26, 1835