Thursday, April 1, 1830

1830

April

Thursday 1

8

11 55/..

On the pot and said prayers from seven for near half hour, then crept into bed again till eight –

Fahrenheit 59° at 8 3/4 a.m.  Breakfast – Dawdling over 1 thing or other –

Out at 10 1/4.  En passant, got buttons at Maurisset’s, and then drove to Madame Galvani’s – Talked – Read a little of Comte de Noé’s book – My aunt called for me –

Left Madame Galvani at 1 1/2 – Spoke about the fountain – Then drove to the Passage des Panoramas, and got my Leghorn hat – Drove home for a moment – and then to the bois de Boulogne – My usual walk, but only as far as the La Muette gate from 2 50/.. to 4 1/2 –

Home at 5 – Dressed – Dinner at 6 10/.. – Read  (partly aloud) the paper –

Civil note from the baron de Damas enclosing billet pour voir Bagatelle ‘le mercredi or au autre jour, mais on ne pent y rester que jusqu’à midi’– Very civil, for Wednesday is the only day, in general, on which one can see it –

Came to my room at 8 10/.. – I asked Comte de Noé to get me a billet for Bagatelle – He did not like to ask for it from Madame du Comtesse de Gontaut – I have done the thing better myself –

Observed to my aunt after dinner today, it was quite a chance if Lady Isabella Blatchford even got my card, as I had inadvertently forgotten to direct it –

Wrote the following to ‘Monsieur Monsieur Julliart, Quai Pelletier, No. 18, Paris’ to the petite poste and paid the postage at 9 –

Coffee at 9 20/.. – Came to my room at 10 25/.., at which hour, Fahrenheit 56 1/2°  and damp, rainy night – Showers during the day but not much rain – 2 or 3 little showers while I was in the bois de Boulogne and a heavyish shower on my leaving Madame Galvani –

Read from page 138 to 148, volume 1., Flore Française and several pages last number, Annales des Sciences Naturelles till 11 25/..

 

WYAS Finding Number SH:7/ML/E/13/0021

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thursday, March 16, 1837

Thursday, September 17, 1835

Saturday, September 26, 1835