Sunday, April 9, 1837

1837

April

Sunday 9

..

..

In bed all the day – Mr. Jubb came about 11 just after I handsome breakfasted – Better – May

get up this afternoon –

Had 1/2 a cup of tea about 12 – Ann staid at home from church, but left me at my desire

while I slept –

A note this morning from Mrs. Hammerton, once of Staups, asking for money by John

Booth’s nephew who is to call for an answer this evening – Desired Ann to say I thought Mrs.  Hammerton had better apply to her friends – Would give her nothing, because an undeserving person whose friends (relations), sons, and her niece, Miss Hoyle that was, are able enough to make her a sufficient allowance –

Up from 7 1/4 to 11 1/4 –

Snow showers during the day –

 

WYAS Finding Number SH:7/ML/E/20/0044


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thursday, March 16, 1837

Thursday, September 17, 1835

Saturday, September 26, 1835